Friday 26 August 2011

Yes yes, I know.

I said that I was going to keep on top of this blog and it's been 9 days since my last post. But I have excuses!

1. My lovely and wonderful friend was here visiting me from far away lands! Oh, it was so nice having her here for those few days. I miss her.

2. I was in a car accident several weeks ago and while my back was getting better, I had a set-back this past weekend. So sitting at my computer isn't all that comfortable.

See! Those are pretty good excuses!

Anyway, I had figured out what I was going to write for my next post (i.e. this one), but I've decided to hold off until later.

I have news!! YAY!

First off - I just bought my wedding dress!! Holy shit on a stick - I did it!! I finally decided. I said "fuck the back fat, it's not that bad" and I went for it! So, at Christmas, when my folks come back from visiting my sister, I will have my dress in my hands! YAY!!

Now I must stop looking. I seriously have to stop looking.

The next bit of news - I had an interview for a management position last week and I have another one on Tuesday! Right now, it doesn't matter to me if I get it or not, the fact that I got the interview makes me so happy. Yes, of course I would like to get one of the positions. But if I don't, that's ok. I love my current job, I'm appreciated in it (my boss was not very happy when I told her I got the interview), and I'm going to have more opportunities in the future.

So there's the good news. Now for the bad news...

In my first post I mentioned how I breathe curling (you know, the sport). Well it seems that my curling dreams are on hold for the time being. Because of my previously mentioned accident (and set-back), I'm not going to be in good enough shape to curl in 6 weeks time. Sad. I'm very upset about this, but I have to take care of myself. And if were to go back, and I happened to slip on the ice, then I would just end up back to square one again. So I'm going to hold off until after Christmas. Unfortunately, that means that I lose my team. Sigh. My heart is broken.

So... anyway... I can't end on a low note, because that would suck.

YAY DRESS! YAY INTERVIEW!!

Oh and the kitties are no longer fighting! All is well again, they are even cleaning each other. It's so cute.

Stay tuned for: Stop-motion cat photography! (I'm serious)

No comments:

Post a Comment