Saturday 17 September 2011

Busy lying down

Sigh... my stupid back. I'm doing ok with my treatment and recovery, but I think it's going to be a longer road than previously hoped.

I know I said that stop motion cat photography was next - I lied. I'm sorry.

Anyway while I've been lying on the couch, I've been busy cross stitching a baby blanket for my soon-to-be sister-in-law. She's due in November so I have a lot of work to do. I'm doing a Winnie the Pooh blanket for her. It's going to be super cute! So far you can see Tigger starting to take shape.

 T-I-Double Geh-ER (and the backside of Pooh)

I've also been busy working on my bead bouquet. I've discovered that if you put a hook into the part of a drill where the bit goes (LN informs me that it's called the "chuck") - it's SOOO much easier to put these beads on individual wires!

This is 100 beads! Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought 100 beads would look bigger than this! 

Also, a friend of mine - Leah - has a kick ass blog! I'm all about her most recent post (well "most recent" when I started to write this post - which was... last week?) - not that I can relate at all... cough cough... and there's no jealousy either.... ahem...

Check it out! Zombies Wearing Helmets

2 comments:

  1. Pooh bum! LOL! I'm just getting around to reading this now. My Google Reader has been a tiiiiiny bit backed up lately. (Meaning I like way more blogs that I have time to read - and I'm not even working right now!)

    Annnnnnyway, thanks for the shoutout on my somewhat-embarrassing-but-not-really-cause-I'm-too-old-to-care-anymore NKOTB post. :P

    I figured you were doing lots of cross stitch during your recovery, but a whole blanket? Good grief, Charlie Brown! My hat is off to you and your endless supply of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup Cross stitching a baby blanket. It's coming along pretty good too. I have Piglet almost done now. This isn't my first baby blanket. Two years ago I cross stitched a Care Bear baby blanket for my friend Heather. That one took a long long long time to do. This one is going much faster!

    ReplyDelete